- ASH CREEK HERBS: Potted herbs and ornamentals.
- BREEZIE MAPLES FARM: Organic maple syrup & maple syrup products.
- CORDWOOD ACRES: Goat milk soap & lotion, fresh herbs, garlic scapes, honey, hand dipped beeswax candles, soy wax pillar candles, mixed greens spring mix, beets, carrots, yellow & green french filet beans, yellow & green summer squash, arugula, blueberries, fresh cut flower arrangements, sunflowers.
- ENVIRO-ENERGY: Natural grass pellets for soil conditioner & mulch. Kiln-dried pine pellets for animal bedding and cat litter. Barley pellets to control algae growth in ponds.
- FOKISH: All Organic breads, baguettes, flatbread, croissant, ciabatta, cinnamon buns, cardamom twists, rolls, and more.
- HARE AND FEATHER: Duck, rabbit, chicken, eggs, jams, goat milk fudge, goat cheese.
- LE MARAIS CHOCOLATE: Crepes, brioche, French macarons, chocolate truffles, gluten-free pastries and more!
- NATURALLY SPEAKING: Blueberries, cipollini onions, sugar snap peas, beets, turnips, garlic scapes, lettuce, dandelion greens, kale, swiss chard, green onions, parsley, cilantro, shallots, potted lilies.
- NECTAR HILL FARM: Grass-fed-on-organic-pastures Highland beef, lamb and mutton. Raw honey. Goat and cow cheeses. Fresh sprouts. Samples of a new line of sheepskin fashion and home accessories.
- THORN COTTAGE FARM (formerly TWO-TON FARM): Salad mix, fava beans, burdock, beets, basil, turnips, shallots, green garlic, scapes, cilantro, onions, hand forged hooks, and surprises.
- WHEAT HILL FARM: Eggs, rabbit, herbs, greens, green garlic, fresh grilled gyros, lemonade, ice tea
- WHEAT HILL PHOTOGRAPHY: Nature and family photography by Maki Peake.
About Helen McLean
Posts by Helen McLean:
Lunch at Noon every Tuesday at the Tulip & the Rose, Main St, Franklin. If you do art, like art, collect art, why not come and have one of the Tulip & Rose’s excellent lunches and enjoy arty company!
Join Jane Carr and friends for lively conversation and excellent food!
From our local Dog Control Officer, Julia VanSteenburg:
Attention All Dog Owners:
It is the law that all dogs 4 months of age and older must be licensed and vaccinated against rabies. For license information please contact the Franklin Town Clerk at 607-829-3440.
See our calendar for information about a Free Rabies Clinic in Sidney on July 21st.
Their beautiful tiles from Turkey have arrived – stop in, say hello, see the tiles and have a delicious meal!
Location: 435 Main Street, Franklin NY 13775
Monday – Thursday 7-3
Saturday – Sunday 8-3
Congratulations to The Tulip and the Rose Cafe!
7/27/2014 Update: Cafe is open for dinner when there is a performance at the Franklin Stage Company. A sample menu is included here; the dinner menu changes periodically.
9/9/2014 Update: Cafe is open for dinner Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6-9pm. Check the Tulip & Rose Facebook page for updates.
The Tulip and the Rose Café will be open this weekend, July 5th & 6th, in honor of the Stage Coach Run Art Festival. Hours will be 6am-3pm. There will be a limited menu for breakfast (6-11am) and lunch (11am-3pm). Stop in, say hello, and enjoy their tasty food.
Our recent Franklin Local meeting was held at the Tulip and the Rose Café, where we enjoyed a delicious dinner. Our friends from Wheat Hill Farms are making progress, and hopefully will be open full time soon.
The Franklin Farmers’ Market at Chapel Hall starts its 8th season this Sunday, May 25th.
You can find us at 25 Institute Street, Franklin NY, just off Route 357 in Delaware County – home of the Franklin Stage Company.
This year’s poster is by Judith Lamb, and will be available for sale at the market.
The text version of the minutes in this post was created with optical character recognition (OCR) software. While every attempt has been made to verify the text, accuracy is not guaranteed. Please refer to the PDF version of the minutes in the link below to see an exact version as received from the Town of Franklin.
Download PDF copy of Franklin NY Town Board Minutes – April 2014
The regular monthly meeting of the Franklin Town Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Supervisor Jeff Taggart. Present were Garret Sitts, David Grant, Don Smith, Lisa Huyck, Supervisor Jeff Taggart, Highway Superintendent Mark Laing and Paul Warner. Also attending were William Young, Mike Wallace, Elena Ferrante, Richard Grant, Brian Brock, Jamie Archibald, Donald Hebbard, Elwood Weerheim, Dwight Bruno and reporter Lillian Browne.
The minutes from the March 4, 2014 meeting were read. Garret Sitts made a motion to accept the minutes. Don Smith seconded the motion and all agreed. Continue reading…
Help Handsome Brook Farm plant their new blueberry fields. The plants are only 18″ tall, so no heavy lifting is required.
They can use as many people as possible – so bring your friends!
$12/hour – but do be ready to work!
Saturday May 3rd – 8:30AM all day
Sunday May 4th – 1:00PM +
Call 607-829-2587 for more information.