The regular monthly meeting of the Franklin Town Board was called to order at 7:35 P.M. by Supervisor Jeff Taggart. Present were Garret Sitts, David Grant, Donnie Smith, Dwight Bruno, Paul Warner and Mark Laing. Also present were Jamie Archibald, Roger Reed, Pete Nero, Stacey Sickler, Emily Chaloupka, Malorie Jordan, Sheldon Robinson, Macy Jordan, Alexis Eichler, Logan Young, Alex Hanley, Joe Nowhitney, Sky Monosson, Don Hebbard, Bill Young and Tony Breuer.
The minutes were read from the December 6, 2016 meeting. David Grant made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Dwight Bruno seconded the motion and all agreed.
Mark Jacobs has resigned effective December 29, 2016.
David Tuthill reported for the Kellogg Trust that they will be meeting with the new owners of the Kellogg School regarding rent for the space they occupy.
Planning Board meeting on Thursday January 5, 2017 at 7:30 P.M. regarding the new owners of the school.
The Recreation Committee is looking for new members. There will be a meeting on February 6, 2017 at 7:00 P.M.
There is a new four year contract for the highway employees that has been agreed upon. David Grant made a motion to accept the new contract. Dwight Bruno seconded the motion and all agreed. Jeff thanked Mark Laing for their work on our Town roads.
The appointments for 2017 were made as follows:
- Fiscal Officer – Jeffrey Taggart
- Deputy Fiscal Officer – Paul Warner
- Deputy Town Supervisor – Garret Sitts
- Deputy Highway Superintendant – Jamie Archibald
- Deputy Clerk – Jan Schlafer
- Health Officer – Gregg Kujawski
- Code Enforcement Officer – Mark Jacobs
- Town Attorney – Cheryl Sacco
- Dog Control Officer – Julia Lockwood
- Court Clerk – Jan Schlafer
- Planning Board Member – Jamie Komenda
- Town Historian – Lora Foster-Cave
- Town Board Rep. on Planning Board – Jeff Taggart
- Town Board Rep. on Recreation Committee – David Grant, Garret Sitts
- Town Board Rep. on A. L. Kellogg Foundation – Dwight Bruno
- Official Newspaper – Walton Reporter
- Official Bank – Wayne Bank, Franklin Branch
Garret Sitts made a motion to accept the appointments for 2017. Donnie Smith seconded and all agreed.
Bill VanGorder from NBT/ Mang Insurance would like to provide insurance for the Town. Jeff would like to get a quote from him. We will set up a time for a meeting.
Don Hebbard talked about the Shared Solar Program. He wants to know if the Town would be in favor of him investigating this option further. The Town would be in favor of this project. The concerns of the Board include the funding of the project and if the old landfill could be used or not.
Tony Breuer thanked Mark for the great job on the roads.
Garret Sitts made a motion to go into Executive session regarding an employment issue at 8:25 P.M. David Grant seconded and all agreed.
David Grant made a motion to return from Executive session at 9:20 P.M. Donnie Smith seconded and all agreed. Meeting adjourned at 9:20 P. M.