The minutes of the January 15, 2015, Town Board Minutes are posted below this audio recording of the meeting.
The text version of the minutes in this post was created with optical character recognition (OCR) software. While every attempt has been made to verify the text, accuracy is not guaranteed. Please refer to the PDF version of the minutes in the link below to see an exact version as received from the Town of Franklin.
Download PDF copy of Franklin NY Town Board Minutes – January 15, 2015
The regular monthly meeting of the Franklin Town Board was called to order at 3:15 p.m. by Supervisor Jeff Taggart. Present were Don Smith, Garret Sitts, David Grant, Lisa Huyck, Supervisor Jeff Taggart, Highway Superintendent Mark Laing and Paul Warner. Also present were Jan Mulroy, Dawn Ritz, Eugene Marner, Carole Marner, Kaima Nelson-Bowne, Andrew Bobrow, Nancy Cloonan, John Cloonan, Dena Kerroute, Linda Bevilacqua and Shirley Ferguson.
The minutes from the December 30, 2014 meeting were read. Garret Sitts made a motion to accept the minutes as read. David Grant seconded the motion and all present agreed.
Supervisor Jeff Taggart made the following appointments.
- Fiscal Officer – Jeffrey Taggart
- Deputy Fiscal Officer – Paul Warner
- Deputy Town Supervisor – Don Smith
- Deputy Highway Superintendent — Jamie Archibald
- Registrar – Connie Young
- Deputy Clerk – Dawn Ritz
- Records Management Officer – Connie Young
- Health Officer – Alberto Gaitan
- Code Enforcement Officer – Mark Jacobs
- Town Attorney -Joseph Ermeti
- Dog Control Officer – Julia VanSteenburg
- Court Clerk – Jan Schlafer
- Planning Board Member and Chairman – Daniel Schlafer
- Town Historian – Lora Foster-Cave
- Town Board Rep. on Planning Board – Jeff Taggart
- Town Board Rep. on Recreation Committee – Garret Sitts , David Grant
- Zoning Board of Appeals Chairman – Mariane Kiraly
- Official Newspaper – Walton Reporter
- Official Bank – National Bank of Delaware County, Franklin Branch
Garret Sitts made a motion to approve the appointments. David Grant seconded the motion and all agreed.
Gene Marner asked Jeff his impression of Dimmock, Pennsylvania. Jeff indicated he did not see problems with the pipeline but there were issues with the compressor station.
Mark Laing presented a resolution to the Board regarding approving the Highway Superintendant signing an agreement with the County of Delaware who has agreed to administer a consortium for Towns and Villages in the county of Delaware, for mandatory CDL drug and alcohol testing. Don Smith made a motion to approve the resolution. Garret Sitts seconded the motion and all agreed.
Mark presented an agreement for the expenditure of highway moneys which will be discussed at a later meeting.
With no further business to come before the Board, Garret Sitts moved for adjournment at 3 :45 p.m. David Grant seconded the motion and all agreed.